Building on the strength of the first edition, this text discusses the significance of ecotourism in the domestic and international tourist sectors.
- Focus on best practice for planning and strategic management of ecotourism venues
- Integrated discussion of the role of local and indigenous communities (balance,respect and knowledge) in ecotourism management
- Inclusion of field surveys and research activities
- Extensive use of literature from fields other than tourism studies
- Recognition of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ varieties of tourism